Thanksgiving Topics 2017

What's up fellow bloggers?

Is blogging still "cool' now? Not sure how many people will actually read this, but coming back on this platform brings back many memories. It reminds me of how much has changed and how much I've changed over the span of 4 years. I started blogging in 2013, mind blowingggg.

Here are my Thanksgiving Topics for the year of 2017...and wow I still can't believe how much I've changed. (Yes, I already said that).

1) I'm thankful for God. Thankful that my Father is always remembering me, and loving me. Even though I don't always understand it, I learned that I have to be thankful. I'm thankful that I've been redeemed through Jesus's blood and am given peace by the prince of peace.
2) I'm thankful for this country. Even though we are surrounded by craziness and are struggling with identity as a nation, I've lately been reading a lot about North Korean refugees. They lose their parents, and siblings. One wrong word spoken outloud can sentence them to an even more miserable life. Women are sold to Chinese men. They trade their bodies to get out of their situation. It's just really heartbreaking. I'm not trying to just say that I'm thankful that I wasn't born there, but I'm thankful that God is sovereign over people and will bring justice.
3) I'm thankful for my parents. They have been working hard to support our family and ministry, AND studying their butts off. My mom is taking an English class, and I know it is hard for her but she is loving it at the same time. I've seen huge progress and now I think we communicate better. My dad is working on some degree in the field of medicine/health? (I have no idea haha I don't really understand anything related to medicine). All I know is that he also loves studying, and is one of the most driven and competitive person I know. That's where Grace gets her nerdy-ness from, haha.
4) I'm thankful for my sister. I know that up until like, two years ago, I was very annoying and probably only ruined her life during high school but I'm thankful that she's put up with me. I'm still annoying...but she has a sense of seeing the good in people. She is helping me become who I am as a person. Thanks unni.
5) I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for Ashia and Joy, who never fail to make me laugh. They understand me and always listen to me. I love being with them and figuring out this weird "sophomore" year of high school together. We've grown a lot these past two years.
6) I'm thankful for the yg teachers. I'm thankful that Aug and Sarah always welcome me into their home. I'm extremely grateful that Aug gives us a ride every morning to school and tries to make conversation in the car with us even though we aren't very talkative. I'm thankful for Caleb, who's big personality contributes a lot to the team.
7) I'm thankful for my cross country team. They are my second family, and we go through a lot of physical and mental pain together. They've encouraged me, and we have always been able to love each other. This year I worked really hard to get to Varsity, and I was dropping my times the way I wanted to. I had big plans for a certain time I wanted, and was in the best shape. Then, after a 12x400 workout, I suddenly got extremely sick. Sick for two weeks, and couldn't run for 3. I missed the actual season-championships. I was really angry and really disappointed. I was out for the year, at the perfect timing where I believed I could do really well. That was really hard on me, and I became really bitter internally for the next month. But God reminded me who's boss. He gave me the gift to run, and the gift of being able to breathe. (Extremely grateful for that because pneumonia was painful). I believe that He has even bigger things in store for running in 2018 but we'll see.
8) I'm thankful for the church. I recently went to see Thor: Ragnarok. And like all Marvel movies, there was a message behind it. Thor is trying to save Asgard, his home. It's being destroyed by his evil sister. Then his father tells him that Asgard is a people, and not a place. So that got me thinking...the church isn't just a place. It's the people. During the harvest festival and inauguration, I witnessed the beautiful community around me that was built upon a strong foundation. When I was sick, many people were concerned and thought of me. I'm extremely grateful for all of them.
9) I'm thankful for my school friends who have been with me to TLC and invite me there. Even though I've just started going, I've been excited about revival at Roose. We have some plans, and even though I'm not a leader or anything I can't wait for what's to come.
10) I'm thankful for my art class and teacher. I've been able to learn a lot and practice more. Last year I didn't do much art, and I felt like a part of me was missing. Like half of my identity was missing. I love that I'm being able to create.

bonus! rule breaker haha
11) Thankful for the praise team. My gosh, last year at this time, I was SO scared to sing and play the piano. Everything felt rushed and I had no idea what was going on. Nothing was explained and I did not know what my purpose was. I can't believe I can sing confidently now because I have many embarrassing moments in praise that probably only I remember, but still...yikes. In grace retreat, I remember this woman telling me that "God is going to give you a new voice". I guess I've been using that voice now. I'm able to lead and sing praise every Saturday and Sunday with the Holy Spirit guiding me as I play the sticky piano haha and large mic stand. (Not complaining...I love that sticky piano. Wouldn't hurt to get a new keyboard though...)

On June 18, 2013 I wrote a blog post titled "Thankfulness".
It says, "So, future Rebekah, when you read this again, remember to be thankful for what you have. God is always there for you. : )"
Btw, the smiley face at the end shows how much I copied Grace's writing style.

So, future future Rebekah, remember to be thankful for what has happened and for what you have.
God is always there for you. A concept that seems so simple, but at times so hard to believe. But He is.
           


Comments